Wildflower Studio by Sage and thyme photo co.
417 N Maguire St. Suite D Warrensburg, MO
Welcome! I am so excited to capture this special moment for your growing family. Here is my Studio Newborn prep Guide.
I absolutely adore Studio sessions! they get to showcase your brand new family member with their parents, siblings, and even pets! your little will change so much very quickly in those first few weeks, so I love being able to capture that brand new goodness for parents in a comfortable and quiet space.
natural light is my jam! It was of the utmost importance to me to find a space that had access to amazing window light. I have a huge window that is perfect for embracing all the cuteness and most importantly will help me produce amazing portraits for your family to cherish forever.
* The best time for newborn sessions is usually in the morning. starting your session between 10am - 1pm usually gives the best light and happiest little one!
* Try and feed your new little shortly before your session time. This ensures baby has a full belly and will hopefully be happy and cooperative for our session! if you are breastfeeding Please do not eat any spicy foods the night before the session. It can irritate babes tummy for our session.
* Try to stimulate and play with your baby 1-2 hours before coming to the studio to get baby nice a sleepy! If you would like any feeding/nursing pictures, we absolutely can do this at the beginning of the session…so hold off feeding babe until you get to the studio and we’ll get some feeding/nursing pics done first! It is also good to remember we are on babies time so there is no pressure. if we need to stop so baby can feed or just needs a break we can absolutely do so!
* Since this is a studio session I will pose you, guide you and help you along the way. you will get to select wraps, headbands and props right there in the studio.
* If we are doing sibling And or family photos we will do those at the beginning of your session. Since my studio is on the smaller side, after sibling portraits we will do family portraits, then parents. this work flow helps to get dad or helper done in a timely manner to be with siblings. to keep siblings entertained There is Grover park right down the road and Sonic located right next door so siblings can run off some energy and have a delicious snack while we finish photographing your new addition!
What to wear? This is totally up to you! I usually suggest neutral colors and that color palate is transitional. ( White, black, tan/beige, grey). I tell moms to pick their outfit first and build others outfits around that. I do encourage moms to wear something comfortable and flowy so as not constricting on fresh postpartum bodies. Having a light sweater or cardigan to go over your outfit works well too for pictures.
How long do newborn sessions last? Typically between 60-90 minutes. I know how precious that time is those first few weeks after your new addition has arrived, so I don’t want to overtake that for your family. I try and be quick and efficient in getting you all of the love I can in a small amount of time.
When do we schedule a newborn session? studio newborn sessions should be booked in the last few weeks of your pregnancy. If you don't get booked before the baby comes, schedule as soon as you can after birth! The younger the baby is typically the sleepier they are and more cooperative they will be.